Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Foliage





I added some new "brushes" to my Photoshop and played around with them. Also I re-visited some of the "brushes" I already have and added some more characteristics to them. I saved one of them and named it "More Foliage." In my tree studies I am always seeking to get just the right level of randomness that tree leaves have, while remaining true to the shape of the whole tree. I'm also trying to reproduce the exact color of leaves, which changes from moment to moment as light hits them different ways. In my art studio, I'm doing this with acrylic paint and messing around a lot of chrome green on my palette tray. You, the viewer, will be the judge as to which does a better job of rendering trees: Photoshop or real gooey paint on a real surface.

1 comment:

Mike (Altus) said...

Make sure you save those brushes in three separate locations. ;)